We hope everyone is having a great summer so far. Here are a few items of interest for you:
- We will continually be in contact with you this summer as plans are made for next school year. You are encouraged to follow the "Ashland Middle School Tomcats" page on Facebook. We will keep you posted regarding enrollment packets, supply lists, class schedules, and any other needed info.
- Parents of incoming 6th graders: We know we missed an opportunity to meet with you before the school year finished due to Covid-19 concerns. We are working on a Facebook Live event for later this summer as we get information you'll need. We will also publish a google document that will allow you to record any questions you may have so we can address them during the Facebook Live event. Stay tuned!
- Athletics Information: We have regularly been discussing state, KHSAA, and district guidelines for the phasing in of athletics at AMS. Please note the following:
- The requirement for a completed sports physical on the approved KHSAA Middle School Physical Form has not been waived. Student-athletes will need to have a completed physical before beginning activities.
- All student-athletes must be registered with "Register My Athlete." Please visit the AMS website for details.
- Upcoming meetings (All state, KHSAA, and District guidelines will be followed):
- 6th Grade Girls Basketball: Meeting will be Wednesday, June 10, between 5:00 and 6:00 outside the AMS gym at the Blackburn Entrance.
- 7th/8th Girls Basketball: There will be an informational meeting for all girls interested in trying out on Wednesday, June 10 outside of the AMS gym at the Blackburn Entrance.
- 7th Grade at 9:00 am
- 8th Grade at 9:30 am.
- Cheerleading: Welcome to our new Cheerleading Coaches! This year's coaches will be Coach Emilee Mitchell, Coach Kayla Pennington, and Coach Lori Beth Mays. We are excited to have them leading our cheer program at AMS. If you are interested in meeting our new coaches and hearing more about the upcoming virtual cheerleading tryouts, please email your contact information to Lori.firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join the Remind App by texting 81010 with the message @ashlandcat.
- Cross Country: New runners make sure you join the remind notifications for workouts and info. The Remind Code is: @g37b2. Any questions, make sure you email Coach Rice at Hillary.Rice@ashland.kyschools.us.
Whatever it Takes!