Although there are currently no confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community, the Ashland Independent School District has been working collaboratively with local and state public health agencies to closely monitor COVID-19 and to adhere to any guidance provided by public health officials.
While we hope this health concern will pass quickly, we are prepared to respond should COVID-19 be detected in our community. We are prepared to respond quickly and follow the guidance provided by public health agencies.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Center on the district website serves as a resource for the school community and demonstrates proactive and transparent access to the most up to date information pertaining to our school district.
District administrators are diligently monitoring the two press releases from Governor Beshear each day at 9:00 and 5:00 to have the most current information. In addition, we are also monitoring the latest information on the Coronavirus 19 in Kentucky on the website www.kycovid19.ky.gov.
In closing, I want to remind you of steps we all can take to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
This is a fluid situation that we will continue to monitor closely. As new information becomes available, we will make you aware through our communication outlets including the district website and social media sites.
D. Sean Howard