The Ashland Independent School District is now taking applications for students who wish to participate in the Virtual Learning Experience from September 20, 2021 until December 17, 2021. Families who wish to remain in-person do not need to apply. Even though you may have completed an interest survey at your school this weekend, you still must complete this application by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, September 15th to be enrolled in the virtual program. The link can be found here: https://forms.gle/Ve85z6QgtbEH8yiJ9
We ask that all parents enrolling in the virtual program agree to the following:
- Students will begin the virtual learning experience on Monday, September 20, 2021.
- Once a student commits to the virtual learning experience they may not exit until December 17, 2021.
- A new application will be required in December to continue the virtual learning experience during the spring semester.
- Students will not participate in live instruction.
- K-5 students will login to Google Classroom and/or SeeSaw each day for assignments.
- 6-12 students will experience a schedule change and will be enrolled in the Odysseyware platform.
- Students will submit assignments electronically via their designated online platform.
- Students must join a google meet at designated times each day. Students that do not report will be marked absent.
- Access to school breakfast and lunch will be available for pickup at Paul Blazer High School for all K-12 virtual students on Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30 - 11:30 am each week. Meal service will not be available when school is out of session for in-person learning.
- Devices are available for home use and must be picked up at each school. Parents are responsible for the care and safe return of the device to the school at the end of the virtual learning experience. Parents will pay for damaged and lost devices.
- Internet availability in the home is required.
- The virtual learning experience will not change if the district must take an NTI day for in-person learning.
- Instructors will be available for questions on a limited basis.
- Specific information regarding virtual platforms will be available on the district webpage.