Submit your application to the Aspiring Administrator Program using the link below.
The purpose of the Aspiring Administrator Program (AAP) is to support, develop, and retain future leaders who demonstrate a commitment, innovation, and a relentless pursuit to meet the academic needs of our students. The AAP aims to grow the leadership skills of instructional personnel in the context of the role of the building level principal. To be effective, a school leader must have the knowledge, skills, and talent that cannot be acquired in college courses alone. The program helps bridge the gap between theory, and practice for teachers who aspire to be school leaders.
- A sincere interest in building your leadership within the Ashland Independent School District and aspiring to be a future principal.
- A minimum of three years of full-time teaching.
- Completion of, currently enrolled, or planning to enroll in an accredited Principal Certification Program.
- Completion of the registration form by Friday, April 8 ,2022.
The AAP (Aspiring Administrator Program) sessions are designed in alignment and support of the district’s vison and goals. In addition, all components are aligned to the six Kentucky Principal Standards.
Participants will engage in monthly high quality, professional learning, and authentic leadership experiences. Each participant will be assigned a mentor. Mentors will coordinate shadowing experiences at each school level. AAP participants should complete a minimum of 2 hours per level.
AAP Orientation will be at Ashland Middle School on April 27, 2022, from 3:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
TOPICS AT A GLANCE
- Communication and Public Relations
- Financial Management
- Hiring and Retaining Quality Staff
- Instructional Leadership
- Interviewing Skills
- Observation and Evaluation Process
- School Improvement
- School Safety
- Special Education
- Student Attendance
- Technology Tips and Tricks