Attention Ashland Independent Parents! Our second semester begins Monday, January 3, 2022. Our district will continue to offer a virtual option for K-12 learners.
If your child is currently virtual and you want him/her to remain virtual for the second semester you must call the school and let them know.
If your child is currently virtual and you want him/her to return to school in person on January 3, 2022 you must call the school and let them know.
If your child is currently an in person learner and you want him/her to become a virtual learner on January 3, 2022 you must call the school and let them know.
Please read the information below before committing to our virtual option and please understand that your child(ren) will not receive live instruction.
Students will begin or continue the virtual learning experience on Monday, January 3, 2022.
- K-12 students will not have live instruction.
- K-5 students will login to Google Classroom and/or SeeSaw each day for assignments.
- 6-12 students will experience a schedule change and will be enrolled in the Odysseyware platform.
- Students will submit assignments electronically via their designated online platform.
- Students must join a Google meet at designated times each day. Students that do not report will be marked absent.
- Elementary attendance meet times are 8:00 am and 12:00 pm each day. Middle and high school attendance meet times are 8:40 and 12:40.
- If your child is unable to login for the attendance Google Meet, you must call or email the school so your child does not get marked unexcused.
- Access to school breakfast and lunch will be available for pickup at Paul Blazer High School for all K-12 virtual students on Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30 - 11:30 am each week. Meal service will not be available when school is out of session for in-person learning.
- Devices are available for home use and must be picked up at each school. Parents are responsible for the care and safe return of the device to the school at the end of the virtual learning experience. Parents will pay for damaged and lost devices.
- Internet availability in the home is required.
- The virtual learning experience will not change if the district must take an NTI day for in-person learning.
- Instructors will be available for questions on a limited basis.
- Specific information regarding virtual platforms will be available on the district webpage/school webpages.