The following is a summary of the executive order made earlier this week by Governor Breshear.
- All public and private elementary, middle, and high schools (kindergarten through grade 12) shall cease in-person instruction and transition to remote or virtual instruction beginning November 23, 2020.
- All middle and high schools (grades 6 through 12) shall remain in remote or virtual instruction and not resume in-person instruction prior to January 4, 2021.
- For the period from December 7, 2020 to January 4, 2021, all elementary schools (K-5) may reopen for in-person instruction, provided:
- The school is not located in a Red Zone County, as provided by the Kentucky Department of Public Health on the COVID-19 website; AND
- The school follows all Expectations and Best Practices for Kentucky Schools
- Nothing in this Order shall prohibit schools from providing small group in-person targeted services, as provided in KDE guidance.
What does this mean for AISD students?
The district will re-evaluate the possibility of re-opening elementary schools only for in-person instruction beginning on December 7 depending on Boyd County’s color on the state map on December 3.
If you have any questions, please contact your building principal.